Friday, February 15, 2013

When God speaks through a 6yr old

I recently sat down with my son and told him the story of Caleb (from the Bible) again. I reminded him how God told the people (in Numbers 13) that He is going to give them the land of Canaan, so they should send out spies to check out the land. 12 men go out and return with mostly the same report. The land was flowing with milk & honey (good) however the city has huge barriers and the people who live in it are giants (bad). 10 of those 12 men told Israel that they couldn’t do it – it seemed too hard, with the giants and walls and such…But Caleb said: “We should by all means go up and take possession of it, for we will surely overcome it.”
You see, Caleb saw the walls and the giants too - he wasn’t blind. But, Caleb believed God when He said that He was giving them the land. Caleb knew that giants and walls were no match for our God. Caleb probably didn’t know at that point HOW God would give them the land, but He knew God would – because He said He would.

I love to tell my Caleb that God is going to use him to do great things too…that when all of the people in his life say that something is too hard or scary, that he too, will trust God, and by all means, overcome it!

And then, without even knowing it, my precious little boy, spoke courage into my life... Several weeks ago, I told Caleb about DDB ceasing operations. He looked up at me and said “So, who will help people get out of debt? And just a few seconds later, after deep (for a 6yr old) thought he said: Mom, you can just make up your own company!” He doesn’t understand all the giants and walls that I now face, but he knows that with God, by all means, I will surely overcome them.

I don’t know what giants or walls you are facing in your life today, but even a 6yr old knows that with God, you CAN, by all means, surely overcome them.

No comments:

Post a Comment